Rensselaer County offers plenty to get your business going and growing – from tax abatements and relocation incentives, to wage tax credits and reduced utility costs, to more than 700 available acres for commercial development.
People are the pulse of this place. People who work the soil. People who know nanotech. People who are eager to share their experiences – whether it’s about personal freedom and quality of life, or the many advantages of a close-knit and connected community.
The Rensselaer County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) is dedicated to promoting economic development and vitality within the County – offering sales and property tax incentives, grants and low-cost capital to attract and retain businesses:
- Taxable or Tax-Exempt Bond Financing and Lease/Leaseback
- Job Development Program (JDP)
- SBA 504 Program
- SBA Prequalification Loan Program
- Machinery and Equipment Bond Program
Inquiries should be directed to Rensselaer County Economic Development and Planning, at (518) 270-2914.
Additional resources are also available through:
- New York State – provides a number of tax incentives and funding programs to encourage business investment and economic development.
- National Grid – offers a number of utilities-based incentives through the Department of Economic Development.
- NYSERDA – offers a number of programs to assist businesses in reducing energy consumption, promoting the use of renewable energy sources and protecting the environment